Still I Rise Temporary Tattoo - Set of 3
Set of three 'still I rise' temporary tattoos.
Since its publication in 1978, “Still I Rise” by Maya Angelou has been a powerful and important poem that continues to empower readers around the world. In this poem, Angelou describes the unjust treatment of Black people in the United States. Despite this poor treatment for hundreds of years, Angelou knows that Blacks will continue to rise and remain strong in the face of adversity. Our ‘Still I Rise’ temporary tattoo honors Angelou and the hope she has brought to millions.
Drawing upon traditional African American gospel and spiritual songs, her poem uses a call and response technique that gives it an even stronger effect when it is read out loud. The poem begins with these powerful words: "You may write me down in history / With your bitter, twisted lies, / You may trod me in the very dirt / But still, like dust, I'll rise."
Angelou’s words of survival and hope have given many people the strength they need to remain strong despite the challenges they face. If these words resonate with you, you might consider getting them inked on your skin as a way to remind yourself of your own power and strength.
If you’re thinking about permanent ink, our ‘Still I Rise’ temporary tattoo allows you to experiment with placements before making a commitment. Designed using a handwritten script, our Maya Angelou fake tattoo comes in a set of three - perfect for trying out placements or sharing with friends.
Size: 2 in / 5 cm (width)
- FREE SHIPPING in orders over US$10
- 10% DISCOUNT if your cart exceeds US$20, USE CODE: 20PLUS
- Lasts 2-5 days on average
- Place the tattoo on oil-free areas where skin does not stretch and keep them clean
- Our FDA-compliant paper tattoos are unique because they are created using eco-friendly materials, including vegetable inks and non-toxic adhesives
- Our products and the packaging they arrive in are 100% plastic-free and recyclable, ideal choice for anyone looking to reduce their environmental impact
- Our tattoos come in sets, so you can try out different placements or share with friends